Performs management of system development and implementation tasks for consulting project activities; Determines client project requirements and estimates scope and costs of client assignment; Leads matrix managed team in providing technical solutions for a project; Assists in assigning work, coordinating work assignments and training other team members.
- Manage complex hardware and software implementations to meet budget, schedule and quality goals at the customers site
- Establish and manage project scope, requirements and time lines over a multi year time frame.
- Regularly and accurately report % of completion and other key KPIs for financial purposes and revenue recognition
- Consults and advises customer as to the capabilities of standard products, based on knowledge of business operations of the client's industry
- Specifies designs and reviews custom software development. Participates in design reviews with hardware and software development teams
- Integrates standard product with custom development and verifies proper operation
- Takes initiative in handling multiple demands by demonstrating flexibility for optimum customer satisfaction
- Clearly communicates in oral and in written communication; listens, responds and keeps others informed
- Works collaboratively within teams and contributes to group outcomes. A true team player able to maintain and build on the company’s existing high standards of honesty and integrity both internally and externally.
- Understands complex strategic concepts and relationships by analyzing problems from different points of view. Applies broad knowledge and experience to address critical issues
- Inspires customer confidence through professional presence and self-confidence.
- Build and maintain customer relationships, identifying opportunities for client and Navis by attaining trusted advisor status.
- Demonstrates knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques to ensure that expertise is maximized
- Demonstrates knowledge of and sensitivity to legal considerations such as specific terminology, ownership, intellectual property, consultant's rights and other legal protections
- Providing technical support to other program activities as needed:
- Program transition to customer support
- Working with other groups and supporting non-program activities:
- Training and certification of in-house and partner implementation teams
- Providing on-site and remote support for system installations
- Collecting and providing feedback to product development teams on hardware issues and recommended improvements
- Excellent written, oral presentation and customer interaction skills to CEO level
- 4 year Degree in Business, Depot Operations and Logistics, Marine Operations, Computer Science or related disciplines
- Minimum 7 years of applicable experience, at least 3 within a professional services organization
- Software deployment experience for large, complex and fixed bid programs
- Experience using, implementing or upgrading Navis N4 / SPARCS or similar terminal operating system is desirable.
- Experience integrating 3rd party software and hardware
- Experience with Unix, Windows, Oracle, EDI, SQL Server. Not necessarily at a technical level but understanding capabilities and limitations.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in several applications and technologies
- Previous experience working for a consulting firm or system integrator
- Able and willing to work extended hours under tight deadline to successfully meet objectives
- Experience of user training and/or acceptance testing possibly with knowledge of automated testing tools capabilities and limitations
- Should engagement on other projects be necessary, willingness to travel up to 50%
Qualified candidates should send their resume to careers [at] navis [dot] com. Please indicate the job title for which you are applying. This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Navis is an EOE employer.